MAN TRIES TO SPEED DRYING TIME OF PAINT JOB WITH PROPANE HEATER, ‘BOOM’
HAMILTON COUNTY, Tenn. — A man in his 60s is recovering from serious injuries after he was burned while trying to dry wet paint with propane.
The incident happened on the 1300 block of Crabtree Road in Hixson Monday morning
Paramedics loaded the man onto a Life Force helicopter.
The Fire Department tells us the man was trying to dry some paint using a propane heater.
The heater did not light and propane continued to flow into the room.
After the propane filled the room it suddenly ignited causing an explosion burning the man severely. No word on his condition has been released.