As we have seen a decrease in active COVID-19 cases in Cumberland County recently, there has also been a slow but significant reduction of COVID hospitalizations. Cumberland Medical Centers (Covenant) data released today shows a drop from 65 total COVID patients on September 7th down to 25 patients including ICU patients -today October 7th. There were 878 active cases reported in Cumberland County on September 7th. There are 323 cases according to the TN Health Department. Sadly, the number of people who have died from COVID related illnesses jumped considerably in the last month from 154 to 203. This is the same pattern we saw shortly after the COVID cases rose to their highest level in January (861) following the holidays. The death numbers increased quickly soon after.
- STUDENT WITH WEAPON AT PLEASANT HILL ELEMENTARY, INVESTIGATION ONGOING
- ROANE CO COMMISSIONER ARRESTED FOR DUI, SECOND OFFICIAL ARRESTED IN TWO DAYS
- ROANE COUNTY JUDGE FACING CHARGES AFTER CAR CRASH
- BREAKING: TWO FALL 10 FEET FROM BUCKET LIFT AT CCHS
- SHOOTOUT IN MORGAN CO LAST NIGHT INVOLVING FOUR PERSONS