Not something you see everyday, dozens of political banners and candidates together with dozens of prayer goers for separate functions. A large crowd gathered on the Courthouse lawn for the National Day of Prayer ceremony as political candidates stood on the Courthouse sidewalk encouraging motorists to vote for them. Today is the last day for early voting at the Election Commission office. The National Day of Prayer is an annual observance held on the first Thursday of May, inviting people of all faiths to pray for the nation. It was created in 1952 by a joint resolution of the United States Congress, and signed into law by President Harry S. Truman. Our Task Force is a privately funded organization whose purpose is to encourage participation on the National Day of Prayer. It exists to communicate with every individual the need for personal repentance and prayer, to create appropriate materials, and to mobilize the Christian community to intercede for America’s leaders and its families. The Task Force represents a Judeo Christian expression of the national observance, based on our understanding that this country was birthed in prayer and in reverence for the God of the Bible.
- PROP TN LAW:::STUDENTS MUST USE RESTROOM THAT MATCHES THEIR PHYSICAL SEX
- TENN ABORTED BABIES REQUIRED TO BE BURIED OR CREMATED IF GOV SIGNS LAW
- CROSSVILLE MAN KILLED IN ACCIDENT ON 127 NORTH TUESDAY NIGHT
- POLICE: TENN WOMAN KILLED HUSBAND, STUFFED HIM IN A SHED
- NEED A JOB? TDOC IS OFFERING $5,000 SIGN ON BONUS TO NEW APPLICANTS